I have a bare bones project with FreeRTOS working well for my Tiva CM4 TM4C129ENCZAD under IAR version 7.10. I was looking to experiment with FreeRTOS+CLI. In doing so I was getting a large number of errors related to typedefs. Reading the history file for FreeRTOS+CLI I noticed that I would need to upgrade to FreeRTOS 8.x.x to make use of FreeRTOS+CLI. I read the page on migrating between the two version and copied the 8.2.1 files over to my project. I also enabled the configuration switch in my configuration to enable backward compatibility. After doing so I attempted a build and promptly received 300+ errors. Most of the errors seem to be centered around types again. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? I have included stdint.h.
I suspect there will be one thing that will make 299 of the 300 errors go away. Can you please post the entire compiler output, so I can see all the error messages. Probably best to post that in a text file as an attachment rather than by pasting it into the forum.
This is quite strange as the first error is "uint8_t" is undefined, but that is not a FreeRTOS type but a stdint.h type - and there is no error to say it has been unable to include stdint.h.
Then later down there is "identifier "List_t" is undefined", but again there is no error to say list.h could not be included.
My first guess would be that either:
1) You only updated the .c file and not the .h files, or
2) The FreeRTOS header files are not being included from the location you think they are, but somewhere else, and those files need updating with the latest version.
Thank you for your prompt response! Indeed. I am ashamed to say that I failed to update the include location. I made a copy of the project not wanting to fully commit to version 8 at this time. I fixed this and ran into another error. It appears others have had this issue as well as documented here (https://sourceforge.net/p/freertos/discussion/382005/thread/e0664ff7/). With that fixed I am now up and running for the time being. Thank you!