Port a Linux version program to FreeRTOS
Posted by Bill Yang
on March 28, 2009
Hi, I need to port a linux version library to FreeRTOS. The linux version library is rstplib that has downloaded from the web sourceforge.net. I have already created a project by FreeRTOS based on Cortex_LM3Sxxxx_IAR_Keil demo. The reason I need to port rstplib because it implement Rapid Spanning Tree protocol that I needed it on my project. My project is a switch board with 10 Ethernet port and a Luminary microcontroller chip (LM3S6965). So I wonder if any one can suggest me what I have to consider and do. The followings are I plan to do.
1) create a new project for library. for instance called freertos_rstplib
2) copy the files in rstplib to the new project freertos_rstplib.
2) remove these definitions in the header files and source files that need in Linux environment.
3) compile it to generate a freertos_rstplib.lib.
4) include the new freertos_rstplib.lib to my project and compile/link.
5) if it is success, then I start to use APIs to implment the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol in my project.
Any suggestion will be welcome and appreciated.
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Richard Barry. Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Real Time Engineers Ltd.
Any and all data, files, source code, html content and documentation included in the FreeRTOSTM distribution or available on this site are the exclusive property of Real Time Engineers Ltd..
See the files license.txt (included in the distribution) and this copyright notice for more information. FreeRTOSTM and FreeRTOS.orgTM are trade marks of Real Time Engineers Ltd.