Hi, a few words about my experiences with upgrading from FreeRTOS 2.60 to 3.20. - I opened a new port for my ATMega128 as I did for 2.60 - as many API functions have changed their return type I needed to change most names to start with an ‘x’, hungaryan? notation is annoying at this point - I added FreeRTOSConfig.h to my source - as size_t was introduced to protable.h I had to add stddef.h to my code for successful compilation At the moment I need the following includes: #include <stddef.h> /* Scheduler include files. */ #include "FreeRTOSConfig.h" #include "projdefs.h" #include "portable.h" #include "task.h" #include "queue.h" #include "semphr.h" Ok, just to mention it. BTW sourceforge search function sucks as I was not able to search for ‘size_t’ without getting all results for ‘size’!
V3 introduces the header file FreeRTOS.h. Include this and you can remove the explicit inclusions of #include <stddef.h> #include "projdefs.h" #include "FreeRTOSConfig.h" #include "portable.h" Which tidies it up a bit. It was a design decission that the task, queue and semphr headers be explicitly included – if you don’t like this (everybody has their own preference) then you can include them in the FreeRTOSConfig.h file on an application by application basis. Cheers!
Ah, FreeRTOS.h ! Yes that works. Seems to be a good solution. Regards
Copyright (C) Amazon Web Services, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.